Contest entry period is now closed.

Post questions and comments, and discuss all three contests here.

Contest entry period is now closed.

Postby yyr » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 am

Hi all,

The contest entry period is now closed.

If you are in a possible prize-winning situation, you will receive an e-mail within the next 24 hours requesting contact information. Please make sure to check your spam filters if you don't see it.

You will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail with valid contact information. If you don't respond, your entry will automatically be declared ineligible, so please watch for the e-mail!!

Unless I post here to the contrary, you should continue to check your e-mail after the 24-hour period. If one or more of the potential prize winners is declared ineligible, there will be more potential prize winners and I'll send out more e-mails!

Thanks to everyone who participated.
Aaron Teplitsky
yyrGames
I hope you're having fun with them!
yyr
Site Admin

Re: Contest entry period is now closed.

Postby Cowman715 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am

Already replied with name and address. Somehow I feel like I don't deserve this since a lot of people are better than me, but live in Canada or elsewhere.

Now what are we going to do about the 90% contest? Whoever has the highest percentage wins, since so far no one has gotten it?
Cowman715

Postby yyr » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Actually, I'm surprised you're not asking how I'm handling the Survival contest winners. After all, the rules state:

There is a limit of one prize per player. You may enter more than one contest, but if you win more than one prize, you will receive only the best prize you have earned, and will automatically become ineligible for the others (if any).

I've decided that in situations where one player wins both Score and Time prizes at the same level (which happened here multiple times), the prize they will actually get will be the one they won by a larger margin. For the prize they DON'T get, we look at the runners-up.

The rules also state:

All prizes will be distributed, as long as there are sufficient eligible entrants in their respective contests.

To be quite honest, I would rather have distributed all of the prizes, splitting them amongst a large, competitive pool of ferocious battling players. But this didn't quite work out the way I'd planned.

I was hoping--essentially, betting--that the offering of $450 in prizes would be deemed newsworthy by one of the major gaming sites (Joystiq, Kotaku, Destructoid, 1up, IGN, Gamespot, etc.). I even submitted the news to all of the above sites that accepted tips, plus others. However, I was apparently wrong. Not a single major site ran a story on the contest. I saw mention on a few smaller sites, but in the end, it seems that the only folks that entered the contests were the ones that already happened to be here. So, my investment didn't provide the return that I was hoping for. As a result, to recover some of this investment, I was planning not to award the unearned prizes.

I deeply apologize if anyone is disappointed by this. If you feel that this is unfair, please make your thoughts known, either by replying here or by PM, whichever you choose.
Aaron Teplitsky
yyrGames
yyr
Site Admin

Postby Cowman715 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:25 pm

If that's what the rules state then so be it. I have no reason to be complaining about anything. I don't think anyone on here would blame you for holding some of them.
Cowman715

Postby slowbro » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 pm

A big thank-you for the nice prize.
slowbro

Postby yyr » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:49 am

I'm glad you're enjoying it =)
Aaron Teplitsky
yyrGames
yyr